THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Campfires at Grandma's

Let me start by saying I began this post over a month ago and it has been very difficult to finish.


Many years ago my Grandfather who has since passed away built this beautiful and very well used campfire pit in the backyard of the home he and my Grandmother shared. This pit is lit whenever we get together. Whether it is a small group of us or a larger group, it is always lit. We sit around it and talk and tell stories (scary or otherwise) and it is a wonderful memory each and every time.

This last time (a month ago) we went down there my Grandmother was no longer at the home. It became apparent that she needed more care than she could be given at her home she lived in for more than 30 years. It was not by any means an easy decision to be made, however a very necessary one. Safety became an issue, as well as the physical strain it was taking on her caregivers.

I have many memories at this fire pit and I hope to have more to come. However, nobody knows the future of this home.



Enjoying the ice cream Melinda made



Watching the stars







Let the scary stories begin





I just love this picture

0 comments: