THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, July 18, 2011

The fire behind our house...

*Fire on July 17, 2011


While in church we heard sirens and of course didn't think anything of it. (We are up the street from church) As we pulled out of the parking lot, we saw the fire retardant being dropped from a plane... then realized it was coming from OUR MOUNTAIN!

As we tried to pull onto our street and plead with the police officers who didn't believe i live "Directly under the fire" I was forced to drive 10 minutes around...

As we made it home, the kids realized just HOW close it was. (I had seen it before at this same house while my mom was at the movies one night and knew exactly what I was looking at... unfortunately!)



This is our mountain... I am leaning on our fence.


See... there's Duncan



These are Jared's trees Joe and Bob... Bob is engulfed in flames and Joe is now a gonner...


They got stuck...



This happens to be the officer that stopped me. he pulls up and says, "oh my gosh! You really DO live right here!" UHHHHHHHHHHH YA!!!!!






Here come the hot shots...





They think it started by dirt bikes...




This is not a very good picture, but all that black happened before we got home.



Our view of town


Our roof...


My mom's house


There's our house and the mountain behind us...


Here come the orange jump suits....

4 comments:

Alan and Abby said...

Jennifer, what street do you live on? I just moved to Red Bird just off Robb Drive.

Jennefer said...

You're right by me now! I am on Fox Trail. Right by Melton.

Alan and Abby said...

Yay! I'm going to bother you all the time!

Jennefer said...

Abby, Please do! I was thinking about you on my walk this morning!