THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

HIGHER!

This year I was able to be more involved in Time Out For Women in our area. The theme was "Higher". TOFW goes back and forth between Sacramento and Reno each year. 

At the beginning of the year I was asked to be a representative for our ward and while nervous about finding the extra time needed for me to be involved, I accepted and found it was one of the best decisions ever!

I got to meet and become close with the other volunteers (I think there were about 50 from all of the different Stakes/Wards.) So I became the representative for our ward. I also got to meet the presenters, which was also wonderful!

After many meetings, gatherings, hundreds of emails sent from one to another, the day was finally here. Friday I left work early so I would be there on time for our big briefing. Off we went to our various assignments.

Our speakers for the night were Barbara Thompson, Jenny Oaks Baker (spoke as well as showing us her amazing violin skills) and Heidi Swinton. Of course they were wonderful and inspiring. 

Heidi Swinton


 Jenny Oaks Baker

After clean-up, I headed home and attempted to get a little
sleep. Back to the convention center where it was held, (with about four hours of sleep) bright and early at 7:15, we were ready to have an even busier day, but we were SO excited!

We had some seriously amazing speakers. Mercy River sang/spoke, Dean Hughs, Jill Manning, Michael Wilcox, Richie Norton and Kris Belcher.

Dean Hughs

Jill Manning


Michael Wilcox


Kris Belcher


Richie Norton


Mercy River








What a great event! My cup has been filled!


0 comments: